Powered By Blogger

Thứ Hai, 5 tháng 5, 2014

COCONUT JELLO


Coconut jello is a Asian-style jelly desserts, but I think it is popular in the world. A lot of people like it, and it's also my favorite. My mom made this usually when I was a child. She always put it in a huge bowl because it didn't take up much space in fridge. Now I cook it for my family and my friends, but I would like to set in mini tart tins because they are easy to share.



Ingredients for Clear Layer (A)
10 gms Jelly Powder
100 - 125 gms Sugar
1,5 liters of young coconut water 
100 gms Young Coconut Meat
(you can use 5 small cans or 3 big cans of young coconut water )
Ingredients for the Topping (B)
8 gms Agar Powder
800 ml Coconut Milk (2 cans, I used Aroy-D brand)
4 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt




Method:
Boil (A)
- Mixing jelly powder together with sugar.
- Boiling coconut water, for the mingled compound gradually into the boiling water and stirring regularly until the compound dissolving completely. 

- Slicing the young coconut meat into strips. Putting them in jelly liquid, and boiling for a few minutes.
- Pouring a jelly liquid into the mini tart tins.
- Placing in the fridge to set quickly while you make the topping.
Boil (B)
- Mixing and stirring the agar powder with the coconut milk, sugar and salt before heating until dissolved.
Taking out jelly moulds from the fridge and use a small knife gently scratch the set jellies before adding the mixture on it. This method is to make the agar agar jelly sticks together.
- Topping up the mini tart tins with this mixture.
- Placing in the fridge for 1 - 2 hours before eating.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét